Friday, August 30, 2013

eBook Review: Sweet Young Thang by Anne Tenino

Sweet Young Thang (Theta Alpha Gamma, #3)Sweet Young Thang by Anne Tenino
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Things go wrong ... again, and again. Beware, this review has a whole bunch of spoilers. Overall, I liked the story but felt that it was rather mediocre in my reading experience. That has nothing to do with the drama in the book, but more of my own perceptions.

That was definitely the theme to the story. Countering that was the sweet romance between Collin and Eric. First we have a fire, that leads to a skyward bound hot water heater. Guy has nasty compound fracture, which was actually interesting for me, which leads to Eric going to his old frat ... which is Collin's current one.

Collin's dedication to his frat was a bit overzealous but I think quite a bit was due to the plot requiring he please his homophobic, sanctimonious uncle. That led an air of urgency to the entire situation because it imparted a deadline. That was a nice element.

The rest though... the progression of the relationship, and most especially the villain, was incredibly transparent. I knew early on, from the moment Sparky canceled super early from their morning golf game to the repetitive comments about a lot of the alumni being homophobic. And let's face it ... the name, Sparky? Really? It was especially easy to figure out with the fact that the sparkler chemicals were used to start the initial fire.

If you like college fiction, or stories with fireman paramedics, romance and a lot of drama... this story could be for you. I might be a bit picky about preferring the plot a bit less transparent, so if you don't mind early on knowing who your baddie is ... well, then sure, I'd recommend the story!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my stories or blog. Flamers will be laughed at!